UTILITIES / GRID OPERATIONS
Outage Planning ~ System Operations ~ Project Coordination
Ambitious, multifaceted professional with impressive record of achievement managing the demands of system operations, specifically within the utility / energy industry. Talent for analyzing and driving improvements leveraged through strong understanding of operational processes; interact effectively with diverse populations to formulate innovative solutions to control costs and facilitate smooth operations within highly stressful environments. Core competencies include:
• Project Planning & Scheduling
• System Operations & Security
• Process Improvements
• Field Coordination
• Informational Presentations • Transmission Control Operations
• Resource Scheduling & Allocation
• Power System Modeling
• Team Leadership
• Relationship Management
DUKE-ENERGY- CHARLOTTE, NC 10/2011-PRESENT: SYSTEM COORDINATOR
Evaluates, authorizes, and implements real time actions that ensure the stable and reliable operation of the Bulk Electric System. These actions include the implementation of Duke's load control programs, firm load shedding schemes, and curtailment of commercial business.
Coordinates with other Control Areas and Reliability Coordinators to manage the reliability and
security of the Eastern Interconnection. Performs generation control in a manner that ensures appropriate load/ generation balance, adequate operating reserve margins, and contingency preparedness. Manages transmission reservations and interchange transaction/schedule volumes per NERC policy and FERC standards. Perform hourly, daily Interchange checkouts of schedules using OATI.
NATIONAL GRID (formerly Niagara Mohawk), Buffalo/Liverpool, New York 3/1985 – 7/2011
Built solid career and outstanding reputation for providing sound leadership and innovative solutions while advancing through positions of increased responsibility and authority.
LEAD OUTAGE COORDINATOR, 8/2010 – 7/2011
Facilitate and coordinate all phases of the outage management process; develop and coordinate long-term outage plans and applications. Conduct power system load flow and security analysis studies for all timelines. Formulate contingency plans. Lead outage readiness assessment meetings; identify and capitalize on opportunities to reduce outage durations and costs. SME in using TOA.
• Consistently delivered reliable outage plans and transmission outage applications to the National Grid Control Center, neighboring utilities, and Independent System Operator that realized no adverse impacts on customers or energy markets.
• Fostered an environment of continuous process improvement; integral in devising both short- and long-term outage plans that balances system access needs with system security and congestion cost controls.
• Established and maintained collaborative relationships with diverse populations, including state regulators, NYISO, project managers, neighboring utilities, and transmission customers.
LEAD APPLICATON COORDINATOR, 5/2008 – 8/2010
Oversaw all aspects of field switching activities for the West, Central, and East national grid upper New York territory, encompassing approximately three-quarters of New York state; coordinated outage resolutions and daily actions of field personnel, ensuring smooth operations. Performed preliminary outage analyses in ord...
Login or Register to view the full resume.