Vision-driven change agent with career-long record of aerospace engineering, project management, and mission program design success for leading organizations
Proven talent for aligning business strategy and objectives with established systems engineering and program management paradigms to achieve maximum operational impacts with minimum resource expenditures. Growth-focused thought leader with expertise spanning proposal and bidding, scheduling, needs analysis, process optimization, government contract practices, negotiation, team building, technology solutions, cross-functional team leadership, performance assessment, client relationship management, and project management. Exceptional mission manager with keen interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills, as well as budget management, policy development, and resource allocation expertise.
• Design-Develop-Test-Build Project Management
• Proposal and Bid Management
• Project Cost and Schedule Planning • Multi-Functional Team Supervision
• Mission Support Management
• Earned Value Management EVMS • Systems Engineering and Integration
• Test Engineering
• Aerospace Engineering
• Parachute Systems Design Engineering
MEGGITT PLC, POLYMERS AND COMPOSITES DIVISION, MCMINNVILLE, OR, SEPTEMBER 2015 TO NOVEMBER 2017
HEAD of PROGRAMS \ CLIENT PROGRAM MANAGER, September 2015 to November 2017
• Governed Program Management policies and procedures for the department and served as Head of Program Management Office with 2 direct report Program Managers.
• Interviewed Clients to determine client long-term needs and planning of Meggitt capabilities to respond.
• Supervised bid management, product introduction and long-term product supply.
• Implemented and Supervised Program Lifecycle Management Policy adherence
• Attended clients included Boeing, Embraer, and Spirit as well as US Defense organizations.
ATKINS AEROSPACE, KIRKLAND, WA, JANUARY 2013 TO JUNE 2015
• Selected as first Program Manager into a recently opened Seattle office; this consisted of an initial headcount of 20 Engineers.
• Initiated Program Management Standards and Procedures to complete AS9100 certification for Seattle office. Headcount eventually grew to 102 employees with 4 additional Program Managers as more contracts were transferred and acquired by the Seattle location.
• Built local Program Management Office to standardize and establish a continuous improvement community in regards to managing programs within Atkins Aerospace.
• Spearheaded proposals, client relations, progress maintenance, and risk assessment, as well as regulated program financials. Initiated tools and implemented bidding teams to complete proposals.
PROJECT – BOEING: PROGRAM MANAGER - KC-46 BODY FUEL TANK (BFT) REDESIGN
• Steered a team of 100+ people that included personnel from Boeing, Cobham and Atkins located across 4 different work sites simultaneously. Main team co-located at Boeing Design in Everett, WA with greater than 65% team size consisting of augmented personnel supporting from Bristol, England; Glasgow, Scotland and Amsterdam, Netherlands throughout the project.
• Delivered conceptual redesign, stress reports, and all drawings within 10 months
• Ideated and programmed a collaborative SharePoint site to facilitate sharing of information between international team locations including drawings, reports, identified risks, opportunities.
• Enabled full visibility of all deliverables and stages of completion in real-time for clients and team members, which catalyzed a 50% reduction in drawing production time by eliminating confusion in transferring information internationally.
PROJECT – EMBRAER: PROGRAM MANAGER – KC-390 AUXILIARY FUSELAGE FUEL TANK (AFFT)
• Directed proposal preparation, contract negotiation and contract execution for the design of the AFFT system. Program involved a complete redesign and building of global FEM to result in passing of a critical design review of the first dual thin walled welded aerial refueling tank.
• Drove a team of 36 people working alongside personnel from Cobham and Embraer.
• Guided program to pass Critical Design Review, and it is currently being manufactured for first delivery of aircraft.
• Brought about reduction in schedule by 9 months in a program that was originally 2 years behind through implementation of electronic processes.
AIRBORNE SYSTEMS, SANTA ANA, CA, APRIL 2007 TO JANUARY 2013
PROGRAM MANAGER, April 2009 to January 2013
AEROSPACE ENGINEER, April 2007 to February 2011
• Selected for promotion to program management to provide technical direction and leadership on challenging aerospace programs.
• Contributed to future business development, including proposal preparation, market share initiatives, and emerging market research.
• Introduced new proposal preparation system to provide higher insight for upper management; included resource loaded schedule as a part of internal proposal; and provided tools for program manager to commence program directly from proposal phase when awarded. This process decreased proposal turnaround by 50% and increased proposal accuracy.
PROJECT – SPACEX: PROGRAM MANAGER / LEAD SYSTEMS ENGINEER
• Governed a bid and proposal as well as ensured mission success of the Dragon Spacecraft Recovery System. This project represented a strong partnership between Airborne Systems and SpaceX and solidified Airborne Systems as the industry standard for descent and landing systems in the commercial space industry.
• Enabled 5 successful orbital missions of the Dragon Spacecraft with successful re-entry and recovery.
• Awarded SpaceX Top Supplier 2012.
• Completed development program on time and under budget with 100% mission success.
PROJECT – ORBITAL SCIENCES CORPORATION: PROGRAM MANAGER
• Regulated proposal preparation, contract negotiation and contract execution for multiple Air Launch Targets and Air Launch Ballistic Missile Systems, IRBM (Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile) and MRT (Medium Range Target).
• Directed MRT program through successful deployment of Air Launch system for a successful tar...
Login or Register to view the full resume.