SANJOY K. DAS
Senior Level Ceramics Process/Products Engineer
Ceramics Engineer with extensive, hands-on process/product engineering and management experience in advanced ceramics manufacturing. Knowledge of ceramic compositions, incoming material controls, in-process/final products testing, powder characterization / processing and fabrication of technical ceramics. Established formulation-processing-properties relationships of technical glass and ceramics. Hands-on experience in powder processing for slip casting, uniaxial dry-pressing, isostatic (dry/wet) pressing and extrusion. Experience working with high technology products for telecommunications, defense/military, nuclear, medical, environmental applications for stringent commercial applications.
BOURNS ELECTRONICS-Utah Ceramics Operation, Logan, UT (September 2013-Present)
Sr. Mfg. Engineer/Area manager-Industrial Division (captive ceramics supplier to 11 global locations)
-In charge and supervise front-end ceramics operations of all electronic ceramic substrates and pressed alumina products manufacturing for several Bourns’ global operations.
-Lead several ceramics mfg. processes (Roll Compaction, Green-score tapes and uniaxial dry-pressing powders (primarily 96% alumina) for electronic sensors, circuit protections, resistor networks and gas-discharge tubes.
-Responsible for Kaizen and Lean initiatives, supervision of several direct reports, daily trouble shooting in high volume 24/7 production operations
DARMANN ABRASIVES, Clinton, MA (August 2012-July 2013)
Sr. Materials Engineer
-Technical Lead for quality of all purchased raw materials-abrasives grains (fused alumina, silicon carbide), glass bonds (frits)
-Conduct and co-ordinate all in-house physical and chemical tests for production release (abrasive powders, glass frits etc.).
-Responsible for Process Engineering & Development involving low-shear and high intensity mixing, fine particles screening near-net shaping and sintering.
-Establishing relationships between ceramics and glass chemistries, particle size (bond/glass, fused alumina, SiC), various ceramic process parameters and product quality.
ITT-Exelis, West Springfield, MA. 2005 – 2010
Mfg. Process Engineer-Scientific Detectors
Responsible for daily manufacturing of Ceramic Channel Electron Multipliers and high precision thick film resistors. Developed several new and improved processes(alumina, semiconductor glass, gold conductive paste and resistor materials) as a part of continuous process improvement. Projects were to drive production cost containment, reduce detector noise, increase performance (electrical gain), control linearity to improve detector life and first pass yields.
- Developed multiple sources of key components-ceramics, glass frits, dielectric materials and machined parts (metals, engineered plastics, thin film coatings) for production of Electron Multipliers and high precision resistors.
- Developed and implemented improved and new production processes, communicated through proper documentations (SOP, MWI, per ISO 9000).
- Coordinated daily activities such as procurement, engineering, manufacturing and quality issues with the prototype development group, ITAR/EAR compliance teams, materials suppliers and third party vendors and suppliers.
- Trained and supervised line workers, Lab Techs, Shift Supervisors and Jr. Engineers.
- Participated in daily non-conformance meetings on field returns, MRB, MDR, CAPAR and global customer teleconferences (feedbacks on product performances and new products introductions)
CORNING, INC., MTE-Corporate Engineering, Corning, NY, 1999-2003
Sr. Process/Project Engineer
Internal consultant for various in-house projects in Specialty Materials, Fuel Cells, glass (LCD, PAR lenses) and ceramic catalysts. Provided technical leadership in projects-planning deliverables and supporting project teams. Responsible for timely project completion and within budget. On-site projects in Germany, China, VA, OH and NC in functional areas - mfg. trouble shooting, process developments, quality/yield improvements and new product introduction.
- Led a ‘hole burning of glass lenses/reflectors’ project that reduced 35% process loss at customer when open flame was used in the filament assembly process
- Upgraded an existing process to manufacture extruded 70-cell fixed catalyst (TiW) product for NOx emission control. This increased business by an additional $500,000
- Developed a shrinkage control algorithm in cordierite auto catalysts extrusion for China plant protecting Intellectual Property rights of the company.
AMP/Tyco(Signal Conditioning Prods. Division), Elizabethtown, PA., 1995-1999
Ceramic Products Engineer
Managed the Ni-Zn ferrites extruded EMI/RFI electrical filters production. Supervised line workers, two process technicians and one Jr. Engineer. Co-ordinated production of new planar GPS dielectric patch antennas for GM On-Star locator program.
- Interfaced with Universities and National Labs to develop ...
Login or Register to view the full resume.