A position as a Mechanical Engineer that will utilize my experience, knowledge and skills
A forward thinking and results-oriented mechanical engineer with more than 20 years of experience in design and project management of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems for industrial, commercial, transportation and institutional buildings; An adaptable and creative team lead/member with strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills; Comprehensive knowledge of ASHRAE standards, Ontario Building Code and NFPA; Solid background in Computer-Aid Design; Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Bentley MicroStation and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Visio; Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) of Ontario; LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP); ASHRAE Member.
Demonstrated abilities include:
- Project implementation, supervision, coordination and improvement
- Problem solving / troubleshooting / decision making
- Adaptable, innovative and well-organized
- Ability to work either independently or collaboratively
AECOM, Whitby, ON 09/2009 – Present
Senior Mechanical Designer/Engineer/Project Manager
Lead mechanical engineer of building mechanical systems. Responsible for the engineering, design and project management of HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and specialty systems for industrial, commercial, transportation and institutional buildings.
- Conceptual design including feasibility studies and design briefs
- Detailed design including completion of contract drawings and specifications
- Preparation of documentation for and correspondence with regulatory authorities
- Coordination of design and studies with other disciplines and sub consultants
- Site surveys and preparation of building condition assessment reports
- Contract administration, including site inspections and review of shop drawings, progress claims and requests for information
- Supervision and coordination of project teams and liaison with clients.
TTC, Ashbridges Bay Carhouse, Toronto.
Design engineer responsible for HVAC, including heating, air conditioning, general ventilation, tailpipe exhaust, dust collection and central vacuum systems, of the new light rail transit vehicle repair and administration building.
Yorkwood Building Group, Centre Vespra WWTP, Springwater, Ontario.
Lead engineer responsible for ventilation, heating, air conditioning, and plumbing/drainage systems for new water and wastewater treatment building consisting of process rooms, pump gallery, chemical storage, offices, and diesel fueled emergency generator.
TTC, Wilson Garage Bus Wash System Upgrades, Toronto.
Lead engineer and project manager responsible for building mechanical and bus wash systems design; supervision and coordination of design in team and liaison with client for design requirement.
Hidi Rae Consulting Engineers Inc., Toronto, ON 12/2006 – 09/2009
Responsible for the engineering and design of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems for commercial and institutional buildings, new constructions and renovations.
- Coordination of design and CAD work in a design team
- Engineering of mechanical systems and equipment selections
- Contract documents including drawings, specifications, tender documents and site review/deficiency reports
- Building mechanical system performance assessment and due diligence reports
- Bank of Montreal, new banking branches, multi locations in Ontario
- Rogers, new emergency generator plant, 1 Mount Pleasant Road, Toronto
- George Brown College, new wet laboratory, Casa Loma Campus, Toronto
Tanco Engineering Ltd., Toronto, ON 11/2004 – 12/2006
Mechanical Design Technologist
Responsible for mechanica...
Login or Register to view the full resume.